Our workplace health training programs provide a proactive approach to injury prevention and management and take positive step towards ensuring the health and productivity of your workers.Â Our experienced Easec team offers a range of specialised and custom designed training and consultancy services.
Manual handling training
Poor manual handling is a significant source of workplace injury. Our Manual Handling Training is provided by our qualified team of occupational therapists and includes:
- Observation of your workplace tasks and the people performing them
- Development of specific programs targeted at risks associated with your industry and as identified from observation of the tasks
- Onsite and â€œon the floorâ€ education (wherever possible). Where not possible, simulation of work tasks is undertaken
- Training is interactive and participatory by your employees
- Education on basic anatomy – encouraging understanding of how the body works
- Education on safe work postures and procedures
- Assisting management to identify and work with workers that could be at risk of injury
Stress management in the workplace
- Programs are targeted at managers, supervisors and workers
- Management/supervisor training programs educate on how to identify workers who are exhibiting signs of stress
- Educates managers/supervisors on how to approach and manage these workers
- Provides guidance on how to avoid escalation of symptoms and progression to stress claim
- Workersâ€™ stress management programs help individuals to identify when they are at risk of developing stress symptoms, how to manage these and how to prevent escalation of symptoms
Supervisorâ€™s role in the return to work process
- Educates supervisors in how to achieve successful return to work for injured workers
- Identifies the key attributes a supervisor needs to support the injured worker
- Helps problem solve specific issues that arise in the RTW process for supervisors
Review of injury management systems
- We will review your injury management policies and procedures to identify what and where enhancements can be made to aid continuous improvement
- Review of workplace practices to ascertain relevance and effectiveness
- Development of injury management policy and procedures where identified as necessary
- Encourages compliance with OH&S and workers compensation legislation
- RTW and SD program development and monitoring
Participative Ergonomic consultancy services
- Incorporating ergonomic principles into your workplace helps to prevent the occurrence of workplace injury.
- By taking a participative approach to identifying ergonomic risk, workers are integrally involved in the entire consultancy and intervention process.
- Ergonomics audits are aimed at identifying ergonomic risks within your business, whether it be individual work stations, or factory production lines.
- Intervention is focused on improving productivity by recommending and implementing sound ergonomic principals.
- Assessments can be conducted of the entire workplace ergonomic environment including workplace/station design; seating; space requirements; and individual anthropometric requirements.