We offer a series of medical and rehabilitation based injury assessments to determine the extent of a workerâ€™s injury and to then develop a tailored occupational rehabilitation solution accordingly.
- Medico Legal Assessments enable an independent assessment of peoplesâ€™ function relative to insurance, public liability and workers compensation law.
- One of our qualified assessment team reviews each case to provide evidence and recommendations regarding a personâ€™s pre-injury and post injury status, ability to perform tasks and live independently as well as identifying any care requirements as a result of the injury.
Functional capacity evaluations (FCE)
- A functional capacity evaluation is used to identify a personâ€™s functional capacity and work potential with regards to being able to perform their pre-injury role or to identify what new occupations may be safe for them to engage in.
- These assessments are largely used as part of a return to work (RTW) program, a re-deployment program or to assist both job seekers and recruiters to identify current function.
- Easec Occupational Health performs FCEâ€™s using a standardized â€œWorkHabâ€ method.
- A vocational assessment draws upon a number of tools to identify a personâ€™s transferable skills, interests and capacity to undertake future employment options, and identifies what these options are.
- The goal of this type of assessment is to help an individual to identify the best and most suitable employment options while setting realistic goals for returning to work in a new occupation.
- A workplace assessment is a specialised on-site review of a workerâ€™s duties and environment. Our trained occupational therapists will use their expertise to determine the workerâ€™s requirements for returning to work including identifying suitable duties, accessibility for specific needs and the design of a work plan that suits both the worker and the employer.